Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A New Visitor

In addition to all of the ants (yuck), we had a new visitor!


Doug was out spraying the anthills when he discovered this fine fellow wandering across the grass towards our coach.


Being a little boy at heart, he had to capture it in a 16 oz sour cream container and bring it to me for show and tell. Wrong plan!!!!! He had no idea how petrified I am of tarantulas and spiders in general. (I am getting better about spiders, but not something this big!)

Doug took about a zillion pictures of it and then I finally convinced him to take it away. He walked to the next site and I yelled "further", so he continued to the next site and I yelled "further". Finally, he released his little friend five sites away from us.

Good riddance. Oh, by the way, I don't go barefoot outside now.

And Doug is now looking for a snake to catch. Help me!!!!!

We survived the storm watch and headed for Radio Shack where we purchased an emergency alert radio. That should ease our minds. It sure is hot and muggy here. We are on 30 amp power, so we can't run our air conditioners. It's not bad during the day but it is hard to sleep at night. I never believed you could stick to sheets. Oh well, we're heading west soon.

2 comments:

Bill and Karen said...

Please tell us more about the emergency alert radio that you purchased. I wish to buy one but would like some opinions first.
Thanks.
Bill

Dean and Carole Davis said...

We have had a Reecom weather radio for a couple of years. It's Model R-1650 and can be programmed to cover one or several counties as well as the types of watches or warnings you want to monitor.

It works great . . . but when the siren goes off, you really jump out of bed!