Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Hobby

There's a class taught here at the park in wire wrapping jewelry. I thought it sounded interesting and Doug agreed. The only catch was.......it costs $25. So, since Doug is the meticulous perfectionist, we decided that he would learn and then teach me.


Here is his very first project. The lady provided everything needed......the cabachon, wire, tools and knowhow. I think it turned out gorgeous. It took a couple of hours for the beginning project but Doug feels confident that it could be done much quicker with a little practice.


Here's another shot of it. I hope you are as impressed as I was.

Now, we just have to get a few tools and some wire and we'll be in business. These sell really well here and I already have ideas for bracelets and rings too.

After spending the morning learning wire wrapping, Doug helped another neighbor repair the latch on her screen door. As a thank you, she gave him a couple of bottles of wine. Guess what! Doug doesn't drink wine........but I do.

Then, he spent the rest of the day working his gold dirt. A few more flakes in our gold vial!

1 comment:

Miller's said...

Love, love the "new" craft....wish I was there to take the class....would enjoy doing some rocks and making some trinkets....Looks very professional!!!