Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bracelets

The weather cleared a bit so while I was beading, Doug was sifting more dirt. He is determined to find more gold.

I promised some pictures of my projects. So here goes.....

The first, beginner's project is a simple spiral bracelet. It was a fun, quick job and I didn't even put a clasp on it. I think I'll take it apart and reuse the beads for something else. It's pretty, but I would never wear it.


Next, came the Tic-Tac-Toe bracelet. Again, I will probably never wear it because of the dark color I chose. But, I did finish it!

The project that I worked on yesterday is my favorite. I call it the dagger bracelet because of the type of beads used. It's a little complicated and very popular here. Unfortunately, I made it a little too small and I don't want to take it apart. Oh well, I had a ton of fun and there's a zillion more things to learn and make.

I am constantly amazed at the number of activities in this place. While we were beading, there was line dancing in the next room and that was immediately followed by a nature hike. I also discovered polymer clay projects being taught. And of course, my personal favorite is the library.

No comments: