Sunday, June 27, 2010

All's Quiet on the Home Front

The day almost got away from me with no blog. But, here I am.

This week was very quiet with the highlight being the opening of a new Dunkin Donuts. We had read that Monday was a pre-opening practice day for the crew and that the food would be free. Hmmmmmm.......free food. Guess where we went.

The place was packed and a little disorganized but we each got a croissantwich with bacon and egg and cheese along with a cup of coffee. They were pretty tasty but I don't see us spending much time there.

Afterwards, we rented a couple of free dvds at the local Redbox. The best was Avatar and the other was Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton's version). We both enjoyed Avatar and will probably pick it up when we find it on sale somewhere. Alice, on the other hand, was ok, but once is enough.

Wednesday was the crummy day. I had a dentist appointment and if anyone cares.....I HATE dentists! The worst of it is I'm on penicillin for a week for an infected tooth and then next Wednesday I get to have it pulled. Wow, I am not looking forward to that.

Yesterday was my sweet Emma's 7th birthday. Seems like yesterday I had the joy of watching her birth. Happy Birthday Sweet Emma-lemma-lemma!!!!!

That's about it. Weather's still hot, air conditioner still works and no trip into the desert. Aren't you glad you tuned in to hear this blather?


No comments: