Thursday, August 05, 2010

Moving into Eastern Colorado

Moving day is always exciting. We said our goodbye's to the neighbors, finished packing and hit the road about 11 am. It was a beautiful drive along Hwy 24 through corn fields, wheat fields and several tiny towns.

About two hours later, we arrived in Seibert, CO. The rv park is called Shady Grove Wifi Campground and sits in the middle of a residential area. It's a family owned park with super friendly people and is a Passport America park. (1/2 price)

We have grass and trees and full hookups with excellent satellite reception.

My first question when we arrived was "Is there a dentist in your fine town?" I had another toothache that was getting worse by the minute. The owner gave me the number of his dentist in the next town, Stratton and they were able to get me in right away.

The bad news is I had 2 teeth that were infected and could not be saved. I spent an hour in the chair to have them surgically removed and 3 sutures to close them up. Not one of my favorite ways to spend an afternoon. By the time Dr Ley finished, there was not a drug store opened anywhere. They roll up the sidewalks in these little towns at 5:30 pm. He gave me a couple of prescriptions and said to be sure to get them filled in the morning.

I was feeling pretty miserable when we got back to the coach only to discover that the air conditioner in the bedroom was leaking and we had a huge wet spot on the bed. Just what I felt like doing.......stripping the bed, doing laundry and remaking the bed before we could retire.

What a day.

No comments: