Thursday, January 29, 2009

Domestic Duties

After such a busy day in Bisbee, I wanted to catch up on some domestic business. It has been getting very cold at night here. Even dipping below freezing in the early morning hours. But, when the temperature finally hit 70, I opened the windows and doors and started laundry. I paid some bills, made some phone calls and updated the blog. Thank you to all of our dear readers.

Our pal Doug M. drove up to see if my Doug could come out to play. So, the two of them headed for the town of St David to do some rockhounding. Doug M had found desert rose rocks in that area before and wanted to show Doug where they were. But, after a couple of hours, they had to admit that they were skunked. My Doug did come home with some neat looking rocks though and spent several hours cleaning, sorting and wondering what they might be. It might be time for some rockhounding classes.

Having a few hours of me-time was quite pleasant. With this life style, you must enjoy spending lots and lots of time with your spouse or partner. But, it's also important to have opportunities for space and solitude. I sat in the warm sunshine and read a new (to me) book and relished the quiet. How nice to daydream and drift with no interruptions.

No comments: